lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Same query fails in SolrJ, but works in the browser.
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2015 13:39:04 GMT
What does Solr log in the 400 response situation?  It’d be good to compare the logging of
both browser and SolrJ requests - something is different.

—
Erik Hatcher, Senior Solutions Architect
http://www.lucidworks.com <http://www.lucidworks.com/>

> On Aug 4, 2015, at 9:24 AM, Mark Horninger <mhorninger@grayhairsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Solr Users,
>
> I am running into a problem where a more complex dismax query I am trying to run works
with no problem in the browser.  The query is as follows:
> http://<solr-server>:8983/solr/<core>/select?q=Fred&defType=dismax&sort=date1%20desc&qf=Line1^2%20Line2%20Line3%20Line4%20Line5%20Line6%20Line7^2%20Line8^2%20Line9%20Line10^1
>
> Like I said, I can run this query without problem in the browser, however there is a
problem trying to run the exact same query within SolrJ, I get a 400 error back, with the
text "undefined field name"

> The code to generate the query is as follows:
> q: Fred
> defType: dismax
> sort: date1 desc
> qf: Line1^2 Line2 Line3 Line4 Line5 Line6 Line7^2 Line8^2 Line9 Line10^1
>
> String result = null;
>            SolrClient client = null;
>            QueryResponse response = null;
>            try {
>                  client = new HttpSolrClient(
>                              "http://<solr-server>:8983/solr/<core>");
>                  SolrQuery parms = new SolrQuery();
>                  parms.set("q", q);
>                  parms.set("defTpe", defType);
>                  parms.set("sort", sort);
>                  parms.set("qf", qf);
>                  parms.set("rows", rows);
>                  response = client.query(parms);
>            } catch (SolrServerException e) {
>                  e.printStackTrace();
>            } catch (IOException e) {
>                  e.printStackTrace();
>            } finally {
>                  if (client != null) {
>                        try {
>                              client.close();
>                        } catch (IOException e) {
>                              e.printStackTrace();
>                        }
>                  }
>            }
>            if(response != null) {
>                  result = response.toString();
>            }
>            return result;
>      }
>
> For whatever reason, this is not working.  If anyone could shed some light on the issue
I would be extremely grateful.

> Thanks,
>
> -Mark
> [GrayHair]
> GHS Confidentiality Notice
>
> This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
or distribution of this information is prohibited, and may be punishable by law. If this was
sent to you in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the