lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading from 4.x to 5.x
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2015 10:03:54 GMT
> Looking under solr5/server/solr I see configsets with the three default choices. What
"feels" right is to make a new folder in there for my app (dovecot) and then copy my solr4/example/solr/collection1/conf
folder. I'm hoping I'm on the right track - maybe working too hard.

If you have an existing conf you don’t need to worry about config sets. That is a new concept
for kickstarting new cores from.

> If that was correct, then I tried "solr create -n dovecot -c dovecot" (after stopping
my old server and starting a new one) and it did create an entry. I then stopped the server,
copied my old data folder over to the new location, and started the server.

Assuming you’re not using SolrCloud.
1. Copy the server/ folder to your new location
2. cd server/solr (or the location you defined as SOLR HOME)
3. cp -r /path/to/old/solr4/SOLR_HOME/dovecot .
4. Make sure there is a core.properties file in the dovecot folder
5. Start solr, and you should have your core up and running as before

If you’re using SolrCloud and ZooKeeper there are other steps to follow.

Jan