lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Is it impossible to update an index that is undergoing an optimize?
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 20:06:56 GMT
I had understood that since 4.0, Solr (Lucene) can continue to update an
index even while that index is optimizing.

I have discovered in the logs of my SolrJ index maintenance program that
this does not appear to actually be true.  My dev index is running Solr
5.2.1 and my production indexes are 4.9.1.

It's easy enough to fix my build program so no updates happen during my
daily optimize, but I'm really hoping to keep it in the background.
Have I possibly misconfigured something that turns off the ability to
update an optimizing index?

Thanks,
Shawn