lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Miller" <dmil...@amfes.com>
Subject Upgrading from 4.x to 5.x
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 09:10:09 GMT
Hi!

I'm a very inexperienced user with Solr.  I've been using Solr to
provide indexes for my Dovecot IMAP server.  Using version 3.x, and
later 4.x, I have been able to do so without too much of a challenge.
However, version 5.x has certainly changed quite a bit and I'm very
uncertain how to proceed.

I currently have a working 4.10.3 installation, using the "example"
server provided with the Solr distribution package, and a schema.xml
optimized for Dovecot.  I haven't found anything on migrating from 4 to
5 - at least anything I actually understood.  Can you point me in the
right direction?

--
Daniel