lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Miller <dmil...@amfes.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading from 4.x to 5.x
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2015 09:54:52 GMT
Not quite but I'm improving. Or something...

Looking under solr5/server/solr I see configsets with the three default
choices. What "feels" right is to make a new folder in there for my app
(dovecot) and then copy my solr4/example/solr/collection1/conf folder. I'm
hoping I'm on the right track - maybe working too hard.

If that was correct, then I tried "solr create -n dovecot -c dovecot"
(after stopping my old server and starting a new one) and it did create an
entry. I then stopped the server, copied my old data folder over to the new
location, and started the server.

I then tried searching, which may have worked...I'm not certain if the
search results came from solr or my imap server manually searching.

I'm sure I'm overcomplicating things - just not seeing the obvious.

Daniel