lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Steven White <swhite4...@gmail.com>
Subject Number of fields in qf & fq
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2015 23:46:19 GMT
Hi everyone

What is considered too many fields for qf and fq?  On average I will have
1500 fields in qf and 100 in fq (all of which are OR'ed).  Assuming I can
(I have to check with the design) for qf, if I cut it down to 1 field, will
I see noticeable performance improvement?  It will take a lot of effort to
test this which is why I'm asking first.

As is, I'm seeing 2-5 sec response time for searches on an index of 1
million records with total index size (on disk) of 4 GB.  I gave Solr 2 GB
of RAM (also tested at 4 GB) in both cases Solr didn't use more then 1 GB.

Thanks in advanced

Steve