lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From philippa griggs <philippa.gri...@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject API collection, Migrate deleting all data
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 11:40:07 GMT
Hello,

Solr 5.2.1, Zookeeper 3.4.6

I'm trying the use the solr Collection API to migrate documents in a test environment. I have
two collections set up

HotSessions - two shards, no replicas

ColdSessions - 1 shard, no replicas.

I've upload some sample data and using document routing with a split.key of the date e.g.
05/10/2015!.  The command I use to migrate is:

/admin/collections?action=MIGRATE&collection=HotSessions&split.key=05/10/2015!&target.collection=ColdSessions&forward.timeout=60

This returns:

<response>
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">14608</int>
</lst>
<lst name="success">
<lst>
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">1</int>
</lst>
<str name="core">ColdSessions</str>
<str name="status">BUFFERING</str>
</lst>
<lst>
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">1818</int>
</lst>
<str name="core">split_shard2_temp_shard1_shard1_replica1</str>
</lst>
<lst>
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">1077</int>
</lst>
</lst>
<lst>
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">43</int>
</lst>
</lst>
<lst>
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">1371</int>
</lst>
<str name="core">split_shard2_temp_shard1_shard1_replica2</str>
</lst>
<lst>
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">9014</int>
</lst>
</lst>
<lst>
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">70</int>
</lst>
</lst>
<lst>
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">0</int>
</lst>
<str name="core">ColdSessions</str>
<str name="status">EMPTY_BUFFER</str>
</lst>
<lst name="10.234.223.111:8984_solr">
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">30</int>
</lst>
</lst>
<lst name="10.234.223.111:8983_solr">
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">31</int>
</lst>
</lst>
</lst>
</response>

In the error logs there is the migrate message

OverseerCollectionProcessor.processMessage : migrate , {
  "collection":"HotSessions",
  "split.key":"02/10/2015!",
  "target.collection":"ColdSessions",
  "forward.timeout":"60",
  "operation":"migrate"}

Followed by:

-WARN 'no frame of reference to tell if we've missed updates'

-ERROR 'Error removing directory:java.io.IOException: Failed to list contents of /solr/lost+found

-WARN 'Our node is no longer in line to be leader'

-ERROR 'auto commit error...: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /solr/ColdSessions/index/pending_segments_3'

-ERROR 'IO error while trying to get the size of the Directory: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException:
/Solr/ColdSessions/Index'

-ERROR 'IO error while trying to get the size of the Directory: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException:
/Solr/HotSessions/Index'

-ERROR 'IO error while trying to get the size of the Directory: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException:
/Solr/HotSessions/ind'

When I  query solr- all my session have gone, from both collections. Looking at the file structure,
in my data folder all files have gone apart from a lost+found folder.

What am I doing wrong? Is there anything in my setup which would cause this or is my API call
wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Philippa