lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Vincenzo D'Amore" <v.dam...@gmail.com>
Subject Text field size
Date Sat, 02 Jan 2016 13:30:08 GMT
Hi All,

Recently I have started to work on an new project. I found a collection where there are few
documents (~8000), but each document has only a big text field with about 4/5 MB.

As far as I understood the text field is created by copying all the text fields existing into
a mssql table. So each row is transformed in a document and all row fields are copied into
a big text solr field.

Now it seems obvious to me that rows fields should be copied into different solr fields but
I was curious to know what's the opinion of the forum about this situation and what's the
best approach to re-design the collection.

Bests,
Vincenzo

--
Vincenzo D'Amore