lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Emir Arnautovic <emir.arnauto...@sematext.com>
Subject Re: Does soft commit re-opens searchers in disk?
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2016 14:05:12 GMT
Hi Gili,
Visibility is related to searcher - if you reopen searcher it will be
visible. If hard commit happens without reopening searcher, documents
will not be visible till next soft commit happens.
You can find more details about commits on
https://lucidworks.com/blog/2013/08/23/understanding-transaction-logs-softcommit-and-commit-in-sorlcloud/

HTH,
Emir