lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Read time out exception - exactly 10 minutes after starting committing
Date Sun, 24 Jan 2016 23:18:52 GMT
On 1/23/2016 9:24 PM, adfel70 wrote:
> 1. I am getting the "read time out" from the Solr Server.
> Not from my client, but from the server client when it tries to reach other
> instances while committing.
>
> 2. I reduced the filter cache autowarmCount to 512, and seems to fix the
> problem. It now takes only several seconds to commit!

Do you have any configuration for ShardHandler in your solrconfig.xml?

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrConfigXml#Configuration_of_Shard_Handlers_for_Distributed_searches

This is where the client built into Solr can be configured with a socket
timeout.

Regarding your cache configuration, even an autowarmCount of 512 is
quite high.  I have configured a value of *four* for my filterCache,
because anything higher resulted in unacceptable commit times.  You may
need to experiment with your configuration for best results.

Thanks,
Shawn