lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Accessing Index Modification Information
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2016 15:25:05 GMT
On 1/25/2016 7:05 AM, Björn Keil wrote:
> I am using Solr 5.1 (within a Tomcat6 server) and am trying to find out how get information
from a Solr server about the exact time of the last commit and the total number of documents
in a given index, and I need to query this information in a scripted way.

> The total number of documents in a given index is the minor problem, of course, since
I can always send a query to the solr server with q=*:* and rows=0. But how I get the exact
time which is displayed as "last modification time" in the user interface in the overview
for the given index?

Send a request to /solr/corename/admin/mbeans ... depending on what
specific info you are after, you may or may not need a URL parameter of
stats=true.

http://host:port/solr/corename/admin/mbeans?stats=true

This includes all the info you asked for.

FYI, you really should not run Solr 5.x in Tomcat.  It comes with a
container (Jetty) included, and has start scripts that use this
container.  There is even an install script that works on most
non-Microsoft operating systems.  Running Solr in the provided way will
yield a system that has been properly tuned for best results.  A default
install of Tomcat is not tuned for Solr.

Thanks,
Shawn