lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From James Mason <jamespma...@hotmail.com>
Subject unmerged index segments
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2016 18:50:05 GMT
Hi,

I’ve have a large index that has been added to over several years, and I’ve discovered
that I have many segments that haven’t been updated for well over a year, even though I’m
adding, updating and deleting records daily. My five largest segments all haven’t been updated
for over a year.

Meanwhile, the number of segments I have keeps on increasing, and I have hundreds of segment
files that don’t seem to be getting merged past a certain size (e.g. the largest is 2Gb
but my older segments are over 100Gb).

My understanding was that background merges should be merging these older segments with newer
data over time, but this doesn’t seem to be the case.

I’m using Solr 4.9, but I was using an older version at the time that these ‘older’
segments were created.

Any help on suggestions of what’s happening would be very much appreciated. And also any
suggestion on how I can monitor what’s happening with the background merges.

Thanks,

James