lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From davidphilip cherian <davidphilipcher...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: solr 5.2.0 need to build high query response
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2016 12:31:19 GMT
You should use solr softcommit for this use case. So, by setting softcommit
to 5 seconds and autoCommit to minute with openSearcher=false should do the
work.

 <autoCommit>
 <maxTime>60000</maxTime>
<openSearcher>false</openSearcher>
 </autoCommit>

<autoSoftCommit>
<maxTime>2000</maxTime>
</autoSoftCommit>

Reference link-
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Near+Real+Time+Searching

To know more about solr hard and soft commits, have a look at this blog :
https://lucidworks.com/blog/2013/08/23/understanding-transaction-logs-softcommit-and-commit-in-sorlcloud/