lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Modassar Ather <modather1...@gmail.com>
Subject Query behavior difference.
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2016 10:22:35 GMT
Hi,

Kindly help me understand how will relevance ranking differ int following
searches.

query : fl:network
query : fl:networ*

What I am observing that the results returned are different in both of them
in a way that the top documents returned for q=fl:network is not present in
the top results of q=fl:networ*.
For example for q=fl:network I am getting top documents having around 20
occurrence of network whereas the top result of q=fl:networ* has only
couple of occurrence of network.
I am aware of the underlying normalization process participation in
relevance ranking of documents but not able to understand such a difference
in the ranking of result for the queries.

Thanks,
Modassar