lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Gili Nachum <gilinac...@gmail.com>
Subject Does soft commit re-opens searchers in disk?
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2016 10:14:11 GMT
Hello,

When a new document is added, it becomes visible after a soft commit,
during which it is written to a Lucene RAMDirectory (in heap). Then after a
hard commit, the RAMDirectory is removed from memory and the docs are
written to the index on disk.
What happens if I hard commit (write to disk) with openSearcher=false.
Would I lose document visibility? since it's no longer in memory AND the
hard commit didn't open a new searcher on disk?

Does soft commit also re-opens Searchers over the index on disk?

Here's my commit configuration:

<autoCommit>
      <maxTime>600000</maxTime>
*    <openSearcher>false</openSearcher>*
</autoCommit>
<autoSoftCommit>
     <maxTime>${solr.autoSoftCommit.maxTime:30000}</maxTime>
  </autoSoftCommit>

Thanks.