lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Netz, Steffen" <steffen.n...@ipms.fraunhofer.de>
Subject AW: Windows post.jar Can't unambiguously select between fixed arity signatures
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2016 15:25:15 GMT
Hi
thanks so much,
It works now, without -d switch!

2 related beginner questions:
	Is there a good tutorial for filesystem search ( with howto config-files)?
	Is there a search in the mailing list, I don't find it.

Wow, I just looked at the webinar! Great! I've to learn:)

regards
Steffen

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik.hatcher@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 26. Januar 2016 16:15
An: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Windows post.jar Can't unambiguously select between fixed arity signatures

Steffan - I added a note to fix this in this JIRA ticket - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-8590
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-8590>

Some options for you, don’t use -d example/files (you can actually omit the “\conf”
part of that parameter, nicely!) for books.csv.    Only use example/files for true rich document
“files” (such as PDF, Word, HTML, plain text, etc).  If for some reason example/files
(yay!  there’s some good tricks in there, and I’m about to hit publish on a blog post
on it just before the webinar about it tomorrow*!) adds some value for your needs, tinker
with conf/update-script.js to avoid the use of the “content” field.

	Erik

* webinar: https://programs.lucidworks.com/Webinar-Solr-example-files.html?utm_source=hp <https://programs.lucidworks.com/Webinar-Solr-example-files.html?utm_source=hp>
and blog post series that will have the final in that series published soon too: https://lucidworks.com/blog/2015/12/08/browse-new-improved-solr-5/
<https://lucidworks.com/blog/2015/12/08/browse-new-improved-solr-5/>

> On Jan 26, 2016, at 4:40 AM, Netz, Steffen <steffen.netz@ipms.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm just downloaded solr and playing around.
> So far I started the Server and created a core:
>
> bin\solr start
> bin\solr create -c files -d example\files\conf
>
> now, I'm trying to post some files:
> java -Dauto  -Dc=files -jar example\exampledocs\post.jar example\exampledocs\books.csv
>
> and get the following error:
> org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Unable to invoke function processAdd in script:
update-script.js: Can't unambiguously select between fixed arity signatures [(java.lang.String,
java.lang.String), (java.lang.String, java.io.Reader)] of the method org.apache.solr.analysis.TokenizerChain.tokenStream
for argument types [java.lang.String, null]