lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Justin Edmands <j.edma...@sagedining.com>
Subject solrconfig.xml location for cloud setup not working (works on single node)
Date Fri, 20 May 2016 21:39:33 GMT
I have configured a single node and configured a proper datahandler. I need to move it to a
clustered setup. Seems like I cannot, for the life of me, get the datahandler to work with
the cloud setup.

ls /opt/solr/solr-6.0.0/example/cloud/node1/solr/activityDigest_shard1_replica1/conf/

currency.xml db-data-config.xml lang protwords.txt _rest_managed.json schema.xml solrconfig.xml
stopwords.txt synonyms.txt

inside the solrconfig.xml, I have created a request handler to point to my config file:

<lib dir="/opt/solr/solr-6.0.0/contrib/dataimporthandler/lib/" regex=".*\.jar" />
<lib dir="/opt/solr/solr-6.0.0/dist/" regex="solr-dataimporthandler-\d.*\.jar" />
<requestHandler name="/dataimport" class="org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandler">

<lst name="defaults">
<str name="config">db-data-config.xml</str>
</lst>
</requestHandler>

in the db-data-config.xml I have a working config (works in a single node setup that is)

<dataConfig>
<dataSource type="JdbcDataSource"
driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/ops"
user="root"
password="<"redacted" />
<document>
<entity name="employeeActivity"
pk="id"
query="
bunch of stuff

</dataConfig>

I expect to see a data import window but I just see "Sorry, no dataimport-handler defined!"
It's as if the directory is incorrect that I am editing the conf files for.

I guess a more direct question would be, does the cloud instance use a solrconfig.xml from
somewhere else?