lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From thiaga rajan <ecethiagu2...@yahoo.co.in.INVALID>
Subject Fw: Select distinct multiple fields
Date Thu, 19 May 2016 20:23:20 GMT

Thanks Joel for the response. In our requirement there is some logic that needs to be implemented
after fetching the results from solr which might have an impact in working out the pagination

ie, we have data structures like(nested structure is flattened) we need to have this kind
of structure as below we might need to support some other use cases. Hierarchical structure
will not support other use cases. So we have flatten our data structure and we need to achieve
the search in the flat structure below

| Level1 | Level2 | Level3 |
| 1 | 11 | 111 |
| 1 | 11 | 112 |
| 1 | 11 | 113 |
| 1 | 11 | 114 |

 Example - When the customer enters 11 we might need to query this word from the entire data
structure.
so we will get all the records including Level3 as well. But ideally we need to select only
1,11(filtering the current level and parent level). Also another problem is pagination. We
might select 10 recs from example after filtering the levels/parent matching with the search
keyword, the number of records might get reduced. So we might need to send another request
to solr to get the next set and again working out the level and its parent which matches with
the search keyword till we reach the required row count.

Rather than doing this, is there a way(kind of any plugin like SearchComponent) will help
with the above scenaio or best way to achieve this in solr?Kindly provide your valuable suggestions
on this