lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From ch...@yeeplusplus.com
Subject Conditional atomic update
Date Wed, 18 May 2016 20:26:55 GMT

(Resending because DMARC-compliant ESPs bounced the previous version)

	I'm looking for a way to do an atomic update, but if a certain condition exists on the existing
document, abort the update.

	Each document has the fields id, count, and value.  The source data has just id and value.

	When the source data is indexed, I use atomic updates to:

	- Increment the count value in the existing document

	- Add the source value to the existing document's value

	What I'd like to do is abort the update if the existing document has a count of 5.  Is there
a way to do this with a custom update processor?