lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Renaud Delbru <ren...@siren.solutions>
Subject Re: Need Help with Solr 6.0 Cross Data Center Replication
Date Thu, 19 May 2016 11:12:53 GMT
I have reproduced your steps and the cdcr request handler started
successfully. I have attached to this mail the config sets I have used.
It is simply the sample_techproducts_config configset with your
solrconfig.xml.

I have used solr 6.0.0 with the following commands:

$ ./bin/solr start -cloud

$ ./bin/solr create_collection -c test_cdcr -d cdcr_configs

Connecting to ZooKeeper at localhost:9983 ...
Uploading /solr-6.0.0/server/solr/configsets/cdcr_configs/conf for
config test_cdcr to ZooKeeper at localhost:9983

Creating new collection 'test_cdcr' using command:
http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=test_cdcr&numShards=1&replicationFactor=1&maxShardsPerNode=1&collection.configName=test_cdcr

{
   "responseHeader":{
     "status":0,
     "QTime":5765},
   "success":{"127.0.1.1:8983_solr":{
       "responseHeader":{
         "status":0,
         "QTime":4426},
       "core":"test_cdcr_shard1_replica1"}}}

$ curl http://localhost:8983/solr/test_cdcr/cdcr?action=STATUS

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
</response>

The difference is that I have used the embedded zookeeper, not a
separate ensemble.

Could you please provide the commands you used to create the collection ?

Kind Regards
--
Renaud Delbru

On 16/05/16 16:55, Satvinder Singh wrote:
> I also am using a zk ensemble with 3 nodes on each side.
>
> Thanks
>

> Satvinder Singh
>

> Security Systems Engineer
> Satvinder.Singh@NC4.com
> 703.682.6000 x276 direct
> 703.989.8030 cell
> www.NC4.com

the sample_techproducts_config configset, can created one configset. Then I modified the solrconfig.xml
in there, both for the Target and Source side. And then created the collection, and I get
the errors. I get the error if I create a new collection or try to reload an existing collection
after the solrconfig update.
> Attached is the log and configs.
> Thanks
>
> Satvinder Singh
>

> Security Systems Engineer
> Satvinder.Singh@NC4.com
> 703.682.6000 x276 direct
> 703.989.8030 cell
> www.NC4.com

handler and modified the update handler to register the CdcrUpdateLog, then start Solr in
cloud mode and created a new collection using my solr config. The cdcr request handler starts
properly and does not complain about the update log.

> Could you provide more background on how to reproduce the issue ? E.g., how do you create
a new collection with the cdcr configuration.
> Are you trying to configure CDCR on collections that were created prior to the CDCR configuration
?

> @Erik: I have noticed a small issue in the CDCR page of the reference guide. In the code
snippet in Configuration -> Source Configuration, the <updateHandler> element is
nested within the <requestHandler>.

> Thanks
> Regards
> --
> Renaud Delbru
>
> On 15/05/16 23:13, Abdel Belkasri wrote:
>> Erick,
>>
>> I tried the new configuration. The same issue that Satvinder is
>> having. The log updater cannot be instantiated...
>>
>> class="solr.CdcrUpdateLog"
>>
>> for some reason that class is causing a problem!
>>
>> Anyway, anyone has a config that works?
>>
>> Regards,
>> --Abdel
>>
>> On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Erick Erickson
>> <erickerickson@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I changed the CDCR doc, Oliver could you take a glance and see if it
>>> is clear now? All I changed was the sample solrconfig sections....
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=6268
>>> 7462
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Erick

>>> You

>>> Stuttgart,
>>>>

> Disclaimer: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary,
or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or the
person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are strictly
prohibited from disclosing, distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy and delete
any copies you may have received.