lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Renaud Delbru <ren...@siren.solutions>
Subject Re: Inconsistent Solr document count on Target clouds when replicating data in Solr6 CDCR
Date Thu, 19 May 2016 18:01:18 GMT
Hi Dmitry,

You can activate debug log and see more information, such as the number
of documents replicated by the cdcr replicator thread, etc.

However, I think that the issue is that indexes on the target instances
are not refreshed, and therefore some of the documents indexed not yet
visible. Cdcr does not replicate commit operations, and let the target
cluster handle the refresh. You can try to manually execute a commit
operation on the target cluster and see if all the documents appears.

Kind Regards
--
Renaud Delbru

On 19/05/16 17:39, dmitry.medvedev@barclays.com wrote:
> I've come across a weird problem which I'm trying to debug at the moment, and was just
wondering if anyone has stumbled across it too:

> I have an active-passive-passive configuration (1 Source cloud, 2 targets), and NOT all
the documents are being replicated to the target clouds. Example: 3 docs are being pushed/indexed
on the Source cloud, S1, S2, S3, and only 2 docs can be found (almost immediately) on the
Target clouds, say T1, T3. The behavior is NOT consistent.

> I feel like it's a configuration issue, but it could also be a bug. How can I debug this
issue?

> What log files should I examine?
>
> I couldn't find anything in the logs (of both the Source & Target clouds).
>

> Source configuration:
>
> <requestHandler name="/cdcr" class="solr.CdcrRequestHandler">
> <lst name="replica">
> <str name="zkHost">10.88.52.219:9983,10.36.75.4:9983</str>
> <str name="source">demo</str>
> <str name="target">demo</str>
> </lst>
>
> <lst name="replicator">
> <str name="threadPoolSize">2</str>
> <str name="schedule">10</str>
> <str name="batchSize">128</str>
> </lst>
>
> <lst name="updateLogSynchronizer">
> <str name="schedule">1000</str>
> </lst>
> </requestHandler>
>
> <updateHandler class="solr.DirectUpdateHandler2">
> <updateLog class="solr.CdcrUpdateLog">
> <str name="dir">${solr.ulog.dir:}</str>
> </updateLog>
> </updateHandler>
>

> Target(s) configuration:
>
> <requestHandler name="/cdcr" class="solr.CdcrRequestHandler">
> <lst name="buffer">
> <str name="defaultState">disabled</str>
> </lst>
> </requestHandler>
>
> <updateRequestProcessorChain name="cdcr-proc-chain">
> <processor class="solr.CdcrUpdateProcessorFactory"/>
> <processor class="solr.RunUpdateProcessorFactory"/>
> </updateRequestProcessorChain>
>
> <requestHandler name="/update" class="solr.UpdateRequestHandler">
> <lst name="defaults">
> <str name="update.chain">cdcr-proc-chain</str>
> </lst>
> </requestHandler>
>
> <updateHandler class="solr.DirectUpdateHandler2">
> <updateLog class="solr.CdcrUpdateLog">
> <str name="dir">${solr.ulog.dir:}</str>
> </updateLog>
> </updateHandler>
>

> Thnx,
> Dmitry Medvedev
> Tech search leader
> BARCLAYS CAPITAL
> Search Platform Engineering
> Global Technology Infrastructure Services  (GTIS)
> Barclays Capital, Atidim High-Tech Industrial Park, Tel Aviv 61580
> * DDI : +972-3-5452462 * Mobile : +972-545874521
> * dmitry.medvedev@barclayscapital.com<mailto:dmitry.medvedev@barclayscapital.com>
>
> P Please consider the environment before printing this email

> This message is for information purposes only, it is not a recommendation, advice, offer
or solicitation to buy or sell a product or service nor an official confirmation of any transaction.
It is directed at persons who are professionals and is not intended for retail customer use.
Intended for recipient only. This message is subject to the terms at: www.barclays.com/emaildisclaimer.

> For important disclosures, please see: www.barclays.com/salesandtradingdisclaimer regarding
market commentary from Barclays Sales and/or Trading, who are active market participants;
and in respect of Barclays Research, including disclosures relating to specific issuers, please
see http://publicresearch.barclays.com.