lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Derek Poh <d...@globalsources.com>
Subject Re: float or string type for a field with whole number and decimal number values?
Date Tue, 31 May 2016 06:15:29 GMT
Hi Erick

Thank you for pointing out the sort behaviour of numbers in a string
field. I did not think of that. Will use float.

Would like to know how would you guys handle the usage of collection
alias in my case.
I have a 'product' collectionand Icreate a new collection'product_tmp'
for this field type change and index into it. I create an alias
'product' on this new 'product_tmp' collection.
IfI were to index to or delete documents from the 'product' collection,
SOLR will index on and delete from 'product_tmp' collection, am I right?
That means the 'product' collection cannot be usedanymore?
Even if I were to create an alias 'product_old' on 'product'
collection;issue a delete all documents or index on 'product_old', SOLR
will delete or index on 'product_tmp' collection instead?

My intention is to avoid having to updatethe clients serversto point to
'product_tmp' collection.