lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Integrating grobid with Tika in solr
Date Wed, 04 May 2016 14:55:13 GMT
On 5/4/2016 8:38 AM, Betsey Benagh wrote:
> Thanks, I¹m currently using 5.5, and will try upgrading to 6.0.
>

> On 5/4/16, 10:37 AM, "Allison, Timothy B." <tallison@mitre.org> wrote:
>> Y. Solr 6.0.0 is shipping with Tika 1.7.  Grobid came in with Tika 1.11.

Just upgrading to 6.0.0 isn't enough.  As Tim said, Solr 6 currently
uses Tika 1.7, but 1.11 is required.  That's four minor versions behind
the minimum.

Tim has filed an issue for upgrading Tika to 1.13 in Solr, which he did
mention in a previous reply, but I do not know when it will be
available.  Tim might have a better idea.

You might be able to upgrade Tika in your Solr install to 1.12 yourself
by simply replacing the jar in WEB-INF/lib ... but I do not know whether
this will cause any other problems.  Historically, replacing the jar has
been a safe option ... but I can't guarantee that this will always be
the case.

Thanks,
Shawn