lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Robinson <mark123lea...@gmail.com>
Subject SOLR edismax and mm request parameter
Date Tue, 03 May 2016 22:28:01 GMT
Hi,

1.
My understanding of the mm parameter related to edismax is that,
if mm=100%,  only if ALL my query terms appear across any of the qf fields
will I get back
documents ... ie all the terms *need not be present in one single field* ..
they just need to be present across any of the fields in my qf list.

But my query for  the terms:-
*blue stainless washer*
... returns a document which has *Stainless Washer *in one of my qf fields,
but *refrigerator *is not there in any of the qf fields. Then how did it
get returned even though I had given mm=100% (100%25 when I typed directly
in browser). Any suggestions please.

2.
Another question I have is:-
With edismax can I enforce that all my query terms should appear in ANY of
my qf fields to qualify as a result document? I know all terms appearing in
a single field can give a boost if we use the "pf" query parameter
accordingly. But how can I insist that to qualify as a result, the doc
should have ALL of my query term in one or more of the qf fields?

Cld some one pls help.

Thanks!
Mark.