lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Joel Bernstein <joels...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr M2M authentication on Jetty
Date Wed, 18 May 2016 20:59:21 GMT
Hi,

You may want to investigate the Streaming Expression functions in Solr 6.0.
There are some interesting functions that might help with some of the tasks
you mentioned:

1) topic: let's users subscribe to a query and returns all new documents
for a query.
2) daemon: allows you to setup processes in Solr that push data to users.
This would eliminate the need for users to have direct access to Solr if
the authentication issues become a problem. Currently the only way to push
data is to use the update function which pushes data to another Solr
collection. But it would be easy to write a stream that pushed data to
splunk, or another type of system.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Streaming+Expressions

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/