lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From John Bickerstaff <j...@johnbickerstaff.com>
Subject Re: Solr Cloud and Multi-word Synonyms :: synonym_edismax parser
Date Tue, 31 May 2016 21:13:39 GMT
All --

I'm now attempting to use the hon_lucene_synonyms project from github.

I found the documents that were infered by the dead links on the readme in
the repository -- however, given that I'm using Solr 5.4.x, I no longer
have the need to integrate into a war file (as far as I can see).

The suggestion on the readme is that I can drop the hon_lucene_synonyms jar
file into the $SOLR_HOME directory, but this does not seem to be working -
I'm getting class not found exceptions.

Does anyone on this list have direct experience with getting this plugin to
work in Solr 5.x?

Thanks in advance...

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 6:57 PM, MaryJo Sminkey <mjsminkey@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's been awhile since I installed it so I really can't say. I'm more of a
> code monkey than a server gal (particularly Linux... I'm amazed I got Solr
> installed in the first place, LOL!) So I had asked our network guy to look
> it over recently and see if it looked like I did it okay. He said since it
> shows up in the list of jars in the Solr admin that it's installed.... if
> that's not necessarily true, I probably need to point him in the right
> direction for what else to do since he really doesn't know Solr well
> either.
>
> Mary Jo
>

> On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 7:49 PM, John Bickerstaff <
> john@johnbickerstaff.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the comment Mary Jo...
> >
> > The error loading the class rings a bell - did you find and follow
> > instructions for adding that to the WAR file?  I vaguely remember seeing
> > something about that.
> >
> > I'm going to try my own tests on the auto phrasing one..  If I'm
> > successful, I'll post back.
> >
> > On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 3:45 PM, MaryJo Sminkey <mjsminkey@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > This is a very timely discussion for me as well as we're trying to
> tackle
> > > the multi term synonym issue as well and have not been able to
> hon-lucene
> > > plugin to work, the jar shows up as installed but when we set up the
> > sample
> > > request handler it throws this error:
> > >

> org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
> > > Error loading class
> > >

> 'com.github.healthonnet.search.SynonymExpandingExtendedDismaxQParserPlugin'
> > >
> > > I have tried the auto-phrasing one as well (I did set up a field using
> > copy
> > > to configure it on) but when testing it didn't seem to return the
> > synonyms
> > > as expected. So gave up on that one too (am willing to give it another
> > try
> > > though, that was awhile ago). Would definitely like to hear what other
> > > people have found works on the latest versions of Solr 5.x and/or 6.
> Just
> > > sucks that this issue has never been fixed in the core product such
> that
> > > you still need to mess with plugins and patches to get such a basic
> > > functionality working properly.
> > >

> > > *Mary Jo Sminkey*
> > > *Senior ColdFusion Developer*
> > >
> > > *CF Webtools*
> > > You Dream It... We Build It. <https://www.cfwebtools.com/>
> > > 11204 Davenport Suite 100
> > > Omaha, Nebraska 68154
> > > O: 402.408.3733 x128
> > > E:  maryjo.sminkey@cfwebtools.com
> > > Skype: maryjos.cfwebtools
> > >

> > > On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 5:02 PM, John Bickerstaff <
> [...]
I’ve
> > > posted a
> work
> > > in