lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Susheel Kumar <susheel2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr cloud 6.0.0 with ZooKeeper 3.4.8 Errors
Date Thu, 05 May 2016 01:56:17 GMT
Thanks, Nick & Hoss.  I am using the exact same machine, have wiped out
solr 5.5.0 and installed solr-6.0.0 with external ZK 3.4.8.  I checked the
File Description limit for user solr, which is 12000 and increased to
52000. Don't see "too many files open..." error now in Solr log but still
Solr connection getting lost in Admin panel.

Let me do some more tests and install older version back to confirm and
will share the findings.

Thanks,
Susheel

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 8:11 PM, Chris Hostetter <hossman_lucene@fucit.org>
wrote:

>
> : Thanks, Nick. Do we know any suggested # for file descriptor limit with
> : Solr6?  Also wondering why i haven't seen this problem before with Solr
> 5.x?
>
> are you running Solr6 on the exact same host OS that you were running
> Solr5 on?
>
> even if you are using the "same OS version" on a diff machine, that could
> explain the discrepency if you (or someone else) increased the file
> descriptor limit on the "old machine" but that neverh appened on the 'new
> machine"
>
>
>
> : On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 4:54 PM, Nick Vasilyev <nick.vasilyev1@gmail.com>
> : wrote:
> :
> : > It looks like you have too many open files, try increasing the file
> : > descriptor limit.
> : >
> : > On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 3:48 PM, Susheel Kumar <susheel2777@gmail.com>
> : > wrote:
> : >
> : > > Hello,
> : > >
> : > > I am trying to setup 2 node Solr cloud 6 cluster with ZK 3.4.8 and
> used
> : > the
> : > > install service to setup solr.
> : > >
> : > > After launching Solr Admin Panel on server1, it looses connections
> in few
> : > > seconds and then comes back and other node server2 is marked as Down
> in
> : > > cloud graph. After few seconds its loosing the connection and comes
> back.
> : > >
> : > > Any idea what may be going wrong? Has anyone used Solr 6 with ZK
> 3.4.8.
> : > > Have never seen this error before with solr 5.x with ZK 3.4.6.
> : > >
> : > > Below log from server1 & server2.  The ZK has 3 nodes with chroot
> : > enabled.
> : > >
> : > > Thanks,
> : > > Susheel
> : > >
> : > > server1/solr.log
> : > >
> : > > ====
> : > >
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:20:53.804 INFO  (qtp1989972246-14) [   ]
> : > > o.a.s.c.c.ZkStateReader path=[/collections/collection1]
> : > > [configName]=[collection1] specified config exists in ZooKeeper
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:20:53.806 INFO  (qtp1989972246-14) [   ]
> : > o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall
> : > > [admin] webapp=null path=/admin/collections
> : > > params={action=CLUSTERSTATUS&wt=json&_=1462389588125} status=0
> QTime=25
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:20:53.859 INFO  (qtp1989972246-19) [   ]
> : > > o.a.s.h.a.CollectionsHandler Invoked Collection Action :list with
> params
> : > > action=LIST&wt=json&_=1462389588125 and sendToOCPQueue=true
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:20:53.861 INFO  (qtp1989972246-19) [   ]
> : > o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall
> : > > [admin] webapp=null path=/admin/collections
> : > > params={action=LIST&wt=json&_=1462389588125} status=0 QTime=2
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:20:57.520 INFO  (qtp1989972246-13) [   ]
> : > o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall
> : > > [admin] webapp=null path=/admin/cores
> : > > params={indexInfo=false&wt=json&_=1462389588124} status=0 QTime=0
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:20:57.546 INFO  (qtp1989972246-15) [   ]
> : > o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall
> : > > [admin] webapp=null path=/admin/info/system
> : > > params={wt=json&_=1462389588126} status=0 QTime=25
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:20:57.610 INFO  (qtp1989972246-13) [   ]
> : > > o.a.s.h.a.CollectionsHandler Invoked Collection Action :list with
> params
> : > > action=LIST&wt=json&_=1462389588125 and sendToOCPQueue=true
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:20:57.613 INFO  (qtp1989972246-13) [   ]
> : > o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall
> : > > [admin] webapp=null path=/admin/collections
> : > > params={action=LIST&wt=json&_=1462389588125} status=0 QTime=3
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.139 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5980) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient I/O exception (java.net.SocketException)
> : > caught
> : > > when connecting to {}->http://server2:8983: Too many open files
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.139 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5983) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient I/O exception (java.net.SocketException)
> : > caught
> : > > when connecting to {}->http://server2:8983: Too many open files
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.139 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5984) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient I/O exception (java.net.SocketException)
> : > caught
> : > > when connecting to {}->http://server2:8983: Too many open files
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.141 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5984) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient Retrying connect to {}->
> http://server2:8983
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.141 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5984) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient I/O exception (java.net.SocketException)
> : > caught
> : > > when connecting to {}->http://server2:8983: Too many open files
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.142 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5984) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient Retrying connect to {}->
> http://server2:8983
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.142 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5984) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient I/O exception (java.net.SocketException)
> : > caught
> : > > when connecting to {}->http://server2:8983: Too many open files
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.142 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5984) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient Retrying connect to {}->
> http://server2:8983
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.140 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5983) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient Retrying connect to {}->
> http://server2:8983
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.140 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5980) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient Retrying connect to {}->
> http://server2:8983
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.143 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5983) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient I/O exception (java.net.SocketException)
> : > caught
> : > > when connecting to {}->http://server2:8983: Too many open files
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.144 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5983) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient Retrying connect to {}->
> http://server2:8983
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.144 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5980) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient I/O exception (java.net.SocketException)
> : > caught
> : > > when connecting to {}->http://server2:8983: Too many open files
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.144 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5983) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient I/O exception (java.net.SocketException)
> : > caught
> : > > when connecting to {}->http://server2:8983: Too many open files
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:20:53.806 INFO  (qtp1989972246-14) [   ]
> : > o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall
> : > > [admin] webapp=null path=/admin/collections
> : > > params={action=CLUSTERSTATUS&wt=json&_=1462389588125} status=0
> QTime=25
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:20:53.859 INFO  (qtp1989972246-19) [   ]
> : > > o.a.s.h.a.CollectionsHandler Invoked Collection Action :list with
> params
> : > > action=LIST&wt=json&_=1462389588125 and sendToOCPQueue=true
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:20:53.861 INFO  (qtp1989972246-19) [   ]
> : > o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall
> : > > [admin] webapp=null path=/admin/collections
> : > > params={action=LIST&wt=json&_=1462389588125} status=0 QTime=2
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:20:57.520 INFO  (qtp1989972246-13) [   ]
> : > o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall
> : > > [admin] webapp=null path=/admin/cores
> : > > params={indexInfo=false&wt=json&_=1462389588124} status=0 QTime=0
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:20:57.546 INFO  (qtp1989972246-15) [   ]
> : > o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall
> : > > [admin] webapp=null path=/admin/info/system
> : > > params={wt=json&_=1462389588126} status=0 QTime=25
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:20:57.610 INFO  (qtp1989972246-13) [   ]
> : > > o.a.s.h.a.CollectionsHandler Invoked Collection Action :list with
> params
> : > > action=LIST&wt=json&_=1462389588125 and sendToOCPQueue=true
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:20:57.613 INFO  (qtp1989972246-13) [   ]
> : > o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall
> : > > [admin] webapp=null path=/admin/collections
> : > > params={action=LIST&wt=json&_=1462389588125} status=0 QTime=3
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.139 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5980) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient I/O exception (java.net.SocketException)
> : > caught
> : > > when connecting to {}->http://server2:8983: Too many open files
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.139 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5983) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient I/O exception (java.net.SocketException)
> : > caught
> : > > when connecting to {}->http://server2:8983: Too many open files
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.139 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5984) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient I/O exception (java.net.SocketException)
> : > caught
> : > > when connecting to {}->http://server2:8983: Too many open files
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.141 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5984) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient Retrying connect to {}->
> http://server2:8983
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.141 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5984) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient I/O exception (java.net.SocketException)
> : > caught
> : > > when connecting to {}->http://server2:8983: Too many open files
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.142 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5984) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient Retrying connect to {}->
> http://server2:8983
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.142 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5984) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient I/O exception (java.net.SocketException)
> : > caught
> : > > when connecting to {}->http://server2:8983: Too many open files
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.142 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5984) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient Retrying connect to {}->
> http://server2:8983
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.140 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5983) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient Retrying connect to {}->
> http://server2:8983
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.140 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5980) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient Retrying connect to {}->
> http://server2:8983
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.143 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5983) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient I/O exception (java.net.SocketException)
> : > caught
> : > > when connecting to {}->http://server2:8983: Too many open files
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.144 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5983) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient Retrying connect to {}->
> http://server2:8983
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.144 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5980) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient I/O exception (java.net.SocketException)
> : > caught
> : > > when connecting to {}->http://server2:8983: Too many open files
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.144 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5983) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient I/O exception (java.net.SocketException)
> : > caught
> : > > when connecting to {}->http://server2:8983: Too many open files
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.145 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5983) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient Retrying connect to {}->
> http://server2:8983
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.146 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5985) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient I/O exception (java.net.SocketException)
> : > caught
> : > > when connecting to {}->http://server2:8983: Too many open files
> : > >
> : > > …
> : > >
> : > > …
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.150 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5980) [   ]
> : > > o.a.h.i.c.DefaultHttpClient Retrying connect to {}->
> http://server2:8983
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:21:29.151 ERROR (qtp1989972246-5985) [   ]
> : > > o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall null:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error
> : > > trying to proxy request for url:
> : > > http://server2:8983/solr/collection1/admin/luke
> : > >
> : > >         at
> : > >
> org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.remoteQuery(HttpSolrCall.java:588)
> : > >
> : > >         at
> : > org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.call(HttpSolrCall.java:444)
> : > >
> : > >         at
> : > >
> : > >
> : >
> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:229)
> : > >
> : > >         at
> : > >
> : > >
> : >
> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:184)
> : > >
> : > >         at
> : > >
> : > >
> : >
> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1668)
> : > >
> : > >         at
> : > >
> : >
> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:581)
> : > >
> : > >         at
> : > >
> : > >
> : >
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
> : > >
> : > >         at
> : > >
> : >
> org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:548)
> : > >
> : > >         at
> : > >
> : > >
> : >
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:226)
> : > >
> : > >         at
> : > >
> : > >
> : >
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1160)
> : > >
> : > >
> : > >
> : > >
> : > >
> : > > server2/solr.log
> : > >
> : > > ======
> : > >
> : > >
> : > > 016-05-04 18:14:32.936 INFO  (main) [   ] o.e.j.s.ServerConnector
> Started
> : > > ServerConnector@4c22110e{HTTP/1.1,[http/1.1]}{0.0.0.0:8983}
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 18:14:32.936 INFO  (main) [   ] o.e.j.s.Server Started
> @3850ms
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:20:20.243 INFO  (qtp1989972246-18) [   ]
> : > o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall
> : > > [admin] webapp=null path=/admin/cores
> : > > params={indexInfo=false&wt=json&_=1462389620001} status=0 QTime=34
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:20:20.254 INFO  (qtp1989972246-15) [   ]
> : > o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall
> : > > [admin] webapp=null path=/admin/zookeeper
> : > > params={path=/live_nodes&wt=json&_=1462389620113} status=0 QTime=42
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:20:20.264 INFO  (qtp1989972246-20) [   ]
> : > o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall
> : > > [admin] webapp=null path=/admin/info/system
> : > > params={wt=json&_=1462389620002} status=0 QTime=50
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:20:20.321 INFO  (qtp1989972246-19) [   ]
> : > o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall
> : > > [admin] webapp=null path=/admin/zookeeper
> : > >
> : > >
> : >
> params={path=/clusterstate.json&view=graph&detail=true&wt=json&_=1462389620113}
> : > > status=0 QTime=6
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:20:20.360 INFO  (qtp1989972246-21) [   ]
> : > > o.a.s.h.a.CollectionsHandler Invoked Collection Action :list with
> params
> : > > action=LIST&wt=json&_=1462389620002 and sendToOCPQueue=true
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:20:20.362 INFO  (qtp1989972246-21) [   ]
> : > o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall
> : > > [admin] webapp=null path=/admin/collections
> : > > params={action=LIST&wt=json&_=1462389620002} status=0 QTime=19
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:34:35.760 WARN
> : > > (qtp1989972246-16-acceptor-0@42e5f722-ServerConnector
> : > > @4c22110e{HTTP/1.1,[http/1.1]}{0.0.0.0:8983}) [   ]
> : > > o.e.j.s.ServerConnector
> : > >
> : > > java.io.IOException: Too many open files
> : > >
> : > >         at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.accept0(Native Method)
> : > >
> : > >         at
> : > >
> : >
> sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.accept(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:422)
> : > >
> : > >         at
> : > >
> : >
> sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.accept(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:250)
> : > >
> : > >         at
> : > >
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector.accept(ServerConnector.java:382)
> : > >
> : > >         at
> : > >
> : > >
> : >
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractConnector$Acceptor.run(AbstractConnector.java:593)
> : > >
> : > >         at
> : > >
> : > >
> : >
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:654)
> : > >
> : > >         at
> : > >
> : > >
> : >
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:572)
> : > >
> : > >         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:38:09.442 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5289) [   ]
> : > > o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall [admin] webapp=null path=/admin/cores
> : > > params={indexInfo=false&wt=json&_=1462389620001} status=0 QTime=0
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:38:09.496 INFO  (qtp1989972246-1224) [   ]
> : > > o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall [admin] webapp=null path=/admin/info/logging
> : > > params={wt=json&_=1462390689357&since=0} status=0 QTime=4
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:38:09.587 INFO  (qtp1989972246-5765) [   ]
> : > > o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall [admin] webapp=null path=/admin/info/system
> : > > params={wt=json&_=1462389620002} status=0 QTime=99
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:38:09.656 INFO  (qtp1989972246-4352) [   ]
> : > > o.a.s.h.a.CollectionsHandler Invoked Collection Action :list with
> params
> : > > action=LIST&wt=json&_=1462389620002 and sendToOCPQueue=true
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:38:09.658 INFO  (qtp1989972246-4352) [   ]
> : > > o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall [admin] webapp=null path=/admin/collections
> : > > params={action=LIST&wt=json&_=1462389620002} status=0 QTime=2
> : > >
> : > > 2016-05-04 19:38:19.442 INFO  (qtp1989972246-4324) [   ]
> : > > o.a.s.s.HttpSolrCall [admin] webapp=null path=/admin/info/logging
> : > > params={wt=json&_=1462390689357&since=0} status=0 QTime=0
> : > >
> : >
> :
>
> -Hoss
> http://www.lucidworks.com/

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message