lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Steven White <swhite4...@gmail.com>
Subject Config API: delete-requesthandler
Date Fri, 20 May 2016 14:19:05 GMT
Hi folks,

The code I'm maintaining, uses Solr config API per
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Config+API to manage
request handlers.  My environment has many request handlers, up to 100 in
few extreme cases.  When that's the case, it means I will issue 100
"delete-requesthandler" followed with 100 "add-requesthandler" requests.
This end-to-end operation can be time consuming specially if there is data
in the index (searchers are being reset leading to cache and stuff being
reloaded).  But even if there isn't data in the index, it will take about
10 min. in my test environment.

My question is, how can I optimize this?  Is there any kind of "bulk" or
"transaction-base" way of doing schema configuration?  I.e.: send all my
deletes, followed with all my adds, and then issue a commit for the change
to take effect.  If I switch to SolrJ (does it offer schema management?)
will that help?

Thanks in advanced.

Steve