lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add a new field dynamically to each of the result docs and sort on it
Date Tue, 31 May 2016 15:10:53 GMT
I really don't understand this. If you don't have
"fieldnew", where is the value coming from? It's
not in the index so....

If you mean you're _adding_ a field after the index
already has some docs in it, then the normal
sort rules apply and you can specify sortMisingFirst/Last
to tell Solr where other docs without that field shold go.

Normal sort rules are '&sort=field1 asc,field2 desc' etc.

Best,
Erick