lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Vachon, Jean-Sébastien <jvac...@cebglobal.com>
Subject Question regarding the SQL interface
Date Thu, 19 May 2016 20:05:51 GMT
Hi all,

I am planning into migrating our application from SolrJ to the SQL interface and I have some
questions regarding some of Solr features…

  *   How can we specify multiple search fields on a keyword. Do we have to handle everything
by ourselves like in regular SQL?

SELECT x,y,z FROM collection1 WHERE title=‘abc” OR description=‘abc’

Is there a special syntax to allow to search into multiple fields at once?

  *   Do you have to generate separate requests to get faceting information? Would translating
the following query into its SQL equivalent require 3 queries?

/select?q=title:abc&facet=true&facet.field=xyz&facet.field=def

  *   If our schema contains a fieldType using a custom similarity class… will the SQL interface
honour that mapping?

  *   The documentation about Streaming Expressions and SQL interface are referring to terms
like “high cardinality” and “very high cardinality”. What do they exactly mean? Are
we talking about hundreds, thousands or millions of different values? Does this depend on
other aspect of the collection like the size of the documents?

Thanks for your input and guidance

CEB Canada Inc. Registration No: 1781071. Registered office: 199 Bay Street Commerce Court
West, # 2800, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5L 1AP.

This e-mail and/or its attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee(s) and may
contain confidential and legally privileged information belonging to CEB and/or its subsidiaries,
including SHL. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and immediately,
destroy all copies of this email and its attachments. The publication, copying, in whole or
in part, or use or dissemination in any other way of this e-mail and attachments by anyone
other than the intended person(s) is prohibited.