lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Query String Limit
Date Tue, 10 May 2016 03:27:56 GMT
On 5/9/2016 8:31 PM, Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo wrote:
> Would like to check, for the increasing of maxBooleanClauses to a large
> values, if there are 50 collections in my core,  I will have to increase
> that in the solrconfig.xml for all the 50 collections, before it will work?

The maxBooleanClauses is a global Lucene setting across the entire JVM.
The last core that gets started (the order is not completely
controllable) will set the value, so if that core's config doesn't have
a value set, it will go back to the default of 1024.

Which means that yes, you must set it in EVERY core's configuration.

Thanks,
Shawn