lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jay Parashar <BParas...@slb.com>
Subject RE: [Ext] Influence ranking based on document committed date
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2016 14:11:44 GMT
This is correct: " I index it and feed it the timestamp at index time".
You can sort desc on that field (can be a TrieDateField)

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven White [mailto:swhite4141@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2016 9:01 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: [Ext] Influence ranking based on document committed date

Hi everyone

Let's say I search for the word "Olympic" and I get a hit on 10 documents that have similar
content (let us assume the content is at least 80%
identical) how can I have Solr rank them so that the ones with most recently updated doc gets
ranked higher?  Is this something I have to do at index time or search time?

Is the trick to have a field that holds the committed timestamp and boost on that field during
search?  If so, is this field something I can configure in Solr's schema.xml or must I index
it and feed it the timestamp at index time?  If I'm on the right track, does this mean I have
to always append this field base boost to each query a user issues?

If there is a wiki or article written on this topic, that would be a good start.

In case it matters, I'm using Solr 5.2 and my searches are utilizing edismax.

Thanks in advanced!

Steve