lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: index size increses dramatically
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2016 15:08:36 GMT
Hi

It is quite normal that index size can be close to double during background merge of segments.
If you have a lot of deletions and/or reindexed docs then the same document may also exist
in multiple segments, taking up space temporarily until a merge or optimize.

If this slows down your system then it sounds like your system is not sized properly wrt memory.

But you need to provide more details for anyone to be able to tell you exactly what is going
on in your situation.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com