lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Modifying fl in QParser
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2016 00:11:27 GMT
Personally, I don’t think a QParser(Plugin) is the right place to modify other parameters,
only to create a Query object.   A QParser could be invoked from an fq, not just a q, and
will get invoked on multiple nodes in SolrCloud, for example - this is why I think it’s
not a good idea to do anything but return a Query.

It is possible (in fact I’m dealing with this very situation with a client as we speak)
to set parameters this way, but I don’t recommend it.   Create a SearchComponent to do this
job instead.

	Erik

> On Aug 9, 2016, at 10:23 AM, Beale, Jim (US-KOP) <Jim.Beale@hibu.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to modify the SolrParam, fl, to append selected dynamic fields, while
rewriting a query in QParser.parse()?

> Thanks in advance!
>

> Jim Beale
> Senior Lead Developer
> 2201 Renaissance Boulevard, King of Prussia, PA, 19406
> Mobile: 610-220-3067
>

> The information contained in this email message, including any attachments, is intended
solely for use by the individual or entity named above and may be confidential. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not read,
use, disclose, distribute or copy any part of this communication. If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately notify me by email and destroy the original message,
including any attachments. Thank you. **hibu IT Code:1414593000000**