lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Drouin <alexandre.dro...@orckestra.com>
Subject Getting "collection already exists" when creating collection in admin UI
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2016 14:05:08 GMT
Hello,

I am running SolrCloud with 2 nodes (Solr 6.1 with SSL and basic auth) and with one Zookeeper
node (for development purposes) and when I try to create a new collection in the admin UI
with 'replicationFactor=2' I get a  "Connection to Solr lost" message and another message
telling me " collection already exists: MyNewNode".  I made sure that a collection with the
same name does not exists and the issue does not appear with a replication factor of 1.

While debugging I saw that the create action is called twice with the following parameters:
/solr/admin/collections?_=1471010473184&action=CREATE&collection.configName=DefaultConfig&maxShardsPerNode=1&name=aaa&numShards=1&replicationFactor=2&router.name=compositeId&routerName=compositeId&wt=json

Can anyone replicate this issue?  I have not found it in JIRA.

Below is the relevant log (if useful) and I posted the full logs here https://gist.github.com/orck-adrouin/690d485ba0835320273e7b2e09fb3771

63549 ERROR (OverseerThreadFactory-5-thread-5-processing-n:orc-dev-solr-cd.local:8444_solr)
[   ] o.a.s.c.OverseerCollectionMessageHandler Collection: MyNewNode operation: create failed:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
collection already exists: MyNewNode
	at org.apache.solr.cloud.OverseerCollectionMessageHandler.createCollection(OverseerCollectionMessageHandler.java:1832)
	at org.apache.solr.cloud.OverseerCollectionMessageHandler.processMessage(OverseerCollectionMessageHandler.java:224)
	at org.apache.solr.cloud.OverseerTaskProcessor$Runner.run(OverseerTaskProcessor.java:463)
	at org.apache.solr.common.util.ExecutorUtil$MDCAwareThreadPoolExecutor.lambda$execute$22(ExecutorUtil.java:229)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Thanks,
Alexandre Drouin