lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Drouin <alexandre.dro...@orckestra.com>
Subject RE: Getting "collection already exists" when creating collection in admin UI
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2016 17:10:44 GMT
Hi Esther-Melaine,

The collection exists in Zookeeper under the /collections node and I can see the shardX_replicaX
folders under $SOLR_HOME/server/solr of both servers.

I was not able to replicate the issue using the collection API.  Here are the logs where I
added the 'MyNewerNode' https://gist.github.com/orck-adrouin/4d074cbb60141cba90c0aae9c55360d4

I took a closer look at the admin UI and here are my findings:
  - In Chrome's devtool I can see the first create request
  - After 10 seconds the request getting aborted and a second create request is sent to the
server
  - In Fiddler I can see that the first request completes successfully without any issues.
 The second request is sent a few seconds before the first one ends so it looks like a admin
UI issue.

Is it possible that the admin UI has some kind of TTL for requests set to 10 seconds?

You mentioned something about the nodes going into recovery.  Any idea how I can fix this
issue?

My development environment (if it makes a difference):
  - OS: Windows
  - 2 Solr 6.1 nodes using SolrCloud.  They both are running on the same server using different
ports.
  - Zookeeper 3.4.8

Alexandre Drouin