lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alessandro Benedetti <abenede...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is it safe to upgrade an existing field to docvalues?
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 11:42:54 GMT
Hi Toke !
Good stuff !

So basically using your tool you build a copy of the index ( similar to
what optimize does) without affecting the main index right ?
So the procedure would be :

1) Solr is running
2) Run the tool pointing to the Solr Index, this will be slow but will
generate a new index copying from the stored content to docValues
3) Stop Solr
4) Change Solr schema enabling docValues
5) Point to the new converted index
6) Start Solr

Am I right ?
This is actually a useful tool when re-indexing could be extremely long.

Cheers

--

Benedetti Alessandro

"Tyger, tyger burning bright