lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Algirdas Jokubauskas <...@mcb.dk>
Subject Most popular fields under a list of documents
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2016 12:35:24 GMT
Hi,

So I've been trying to figure out how to accomplish this one, but couldn't
find anything that would not kill performance.

I have a document type with a bunch of info that I use for various tasks,
but I want to add a new field which is a list of ints.

Then I want to do a free text search of that document and get a list of top
10 most popular ints among the results.

So if say I had these documents:

DocA(ints(1,5,7), freetext: "Marry had a little lamb")
DocB(ints(4,3,5), freetext: "Marry had a little wolf")
DocC(ints(5,1,8), freetext: "Marry had a big goat")

and if I search for "little", and ask for the most popular int I would get 5

In a normal case I would ask for 10 most common and there would be a few
hundred thousand docs and a few hundred ints in each doc.

I'm stumped. Any tips? Thanks.

- AJ