lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Ext] Influence ranking based on document committed date
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2016 15:34:24 GMT
Try:
recip(rord(creationDate),1,1000,1000)

See:
https://wiki.apache.org/solr/FunctionQuery

You can play with the magic numbers to influence how this scales your docs.

Best,
Erick

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 7:11 AM, Jay Parashar <BParashar@slb.com> wrote:
> This is correct: " I index it and feed it the timestamp at index time".
> You can sort desc on that field (can be a TrieDateField)

content (let us assume the content is at least 80%
> identical) how can I have Solr rank them so that the ones with most recently updated
doc gets ranked higher?  Is this something I have to do at index time or search time?

> Is the trick to have a field that holds the committed timestamp and boost on that field
during search?  If so, is this field something I can configure in Solr's schema.xml or must
I index it and feed it the timestamp at index time?  If I'm on the right track, does this
mean I have to always append this field base boost to each query a user issues?