lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From <xiao...@zetta-tech.com>
Subject 6.2.1 service installation script errors on Ubuntu 16.04.1
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2016 10:00:07 GMT
Hi,

I'm having trouble to run install_solr_service in Ubuntu 16.04.1.

Solr 6.2.1 tgz has been downloaded, then I run

root@server1:/tmp# sudo ./install-solr-service.sh solr-6.2.1.tgz

1.      First error was "chkconfig: command not found" in line 320. I fixed
it by changing to sysv-rc-conf

2.      Second error was "failed to start solr.service: unit solr.service
not found

Solr.service

Loaded: not-found (Reason: not such file or directory)

Active : inactive (dead)

I have -f command in 2nd try. Has anyone encountered the similar problem?
What could be the reason?

Br,

Xiao