lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jamie Jackson <jamieja...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with Password Decryption in Data Import Handler
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2016 22:00:03 GMT
Hi Folks,

(Using Solr 5.5.3.)

As far as I know, the only place where encrypted password use is documented
is in
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Uploading+Structured+Data+Store+Data+with+the+Data+Import+Handler,
under the "Configuring the DIH Configuration File", in a comment in the
sample XML file:

<!--
Alternately the password can be encrypted as follows. This is the value
obtained as a result of the command
openssl enc -aes-128-cbc -a -salt -in pwd.txt
password="U2FsdGVkX18QMjY0yfCqlfBMvAB4d3XkwY96L7gfO2o="
WHen the password is encrypted, you must provide an extra attribute
encryptKeyFile="/location/of/encryptionkey"
This file should a text file with a single line containing the
encrypt/decrypt password
-->

Anyway, I can encrypt just fine:

$ openssl enc -aes-128-cbc -a -salt -in stgps.txt
enter aes-128-cbc encryption password:
Verifying - enter aes-128-cbc encryption password:
U2FsdGVkX1+VtVoQtmEREvB5qZjn3131+N4jRXmjyIY=

I can also decrypt just fine from the command line.

However, if I use the encrypted password and encryptKeyFile in the config
file, I end up with an error: "String length must be a multiple of four."

https://gist.github.com/jamiejackson/3852dacb03432328ea187d43ade5e4d9

How do I get this working?

Thanks,
Jamie