lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From John Bickerstaff <j...@johnbickerstaff.com>
Subject running solr 6.x in Eclipse for debugging
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 23:26:32 GMT
All,

I've found some hints, but can't get Solr running in debug mode in eclipse
with the instructions

Here:
http://opensourceconnections.com/blog/2013/04/13/how-to-debug-solr-with-eclipse/

or Here: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToConfigureEclipse

When I run this command from the wiki : java -Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=7666 -jar start.jar

I get an error: WARNING: Nothing to start, exiting ...

I can't start the jar file "normally" either and it turns out to be a
symlink.

I'm thinking that things are different now given that the way to start Solr
is this way:

bin/solr start -e cloud -noprompt

Can anyone point me at documentation or drop a hint?