lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] InvisibleQueriesRequestHandler
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2016 18:14:32 GMT
Another technique for this is to use Grouping’s `group.query` a few times, with exact to
fuzzier types of queries and get it all back in one response.  So you _can_ run multiple searches
in a single query already :)

I’ve used a similar technique with faceting and `facet.query` to give you counts of exact
to fuzzier types of queries to get the counts.

	Erik

> On Dec 5, 2016, at 9:08 AM, Charlie Hull <charlie@flax.co.uk> wrote:
>
> On 05/12/2016 09:18, Andrea Gazzarini wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>> I developed this handler [1] while doing some work on a Magento ->  Solr
>> project.
>>
>> If someone is interested (this is a post [2] where I briefly explain the
>> goal), or wants to contribute with some idea / improvement, feel free to
>> give me a shout or a feedback.
>>
>> Best,
>> Andrea
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/agazzarini/invisible-queries-request-handler
>> [2]
>> https://andreagazzarini.blogspot.it/2016/12/composing-and-reusing-request-handlers.html
>>
> We like this idea: we've seen plenty of systems where it's hard to change what the container
system using Solr is doing (e.g. Hybris, Drupal...) so to be able to run multiple searches
in Solr itself is very useful. Nice one!