lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Derek Poh <d...@globalsources.com>
Subject Re: Break up a supplier's documents (products) from dominating search result.
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2016 07:20:29 GMT
While testing with groupparam(i think it apply to field collapse as
well), I encountered a scenario where the number of suppliers in a
result is less than the number of items to display per page (user select).

Eg. Products per page to display is 80.
The search result has 182 matching productswhichbelong to 13 suppliers.
Grouping by supplier idand 1 product per supplier, only 13 products will
be return. Issuing anotherquery to getmore products to fill up the page
will not help as there is no more suppliers.

Initial query parameters,
start=0&rows=80&q=grout&fq=P_SupplierSource:(1)&group=true&group.field=P_SupplierId&group.format=simple

issue another query to get more products to fill up. this will not
return anyresult.
start=80&rows=80&q=grout&fq=P_SupplierSource:(1)&group=true&group.field=P_SupplierId&group.format=simple

Any suggestions/advice on how to address this scenario?