lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Matt Kuiper <matt.kui...@issinc.com>
Subject RE: Schemaless Mode - Multivalued
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2016 15:55:34 GMT
Yes, the defaults makes sense.  I believe I found the chain - <updateRequestProcessorChain
name="add-unknown-fields-to-the-schema">.

Thanks!

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexandre Rafalovitch [mailto:arafalov@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2016 7:19 PM
To: solr-user <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Schemaless Mode - Multivalued

Sure, the whole chain is defined in solrconfig.xml, you can modify it any way you want.

The reason it is there is because when Solr see the first field occurrence, it does not know
whether the next occurrence will be multivalued. So, it errs on the side of caution.

Regards,
   Alex.
----
http://www.solr-start.com/ - Resources for Solr users, new and experienced

On 1 December 2016 at 15:11, Matt Kuiper <matt.kuiper@issinc.com> wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I have noticed when using schemaless mode that it appears that all fields created by
this mode are defined as Multivalued.   Is there a way to modify a configuration so that the
default is to be not Multivalued?