lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Manohar Sripada <manohar...@gmail.com>
Subject Solr node not found in ZK live_nodes
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2016 11:53:08 GMT
We have a 16 node cluster of Solr (5.2.1) and 5 node Zookeeper (3.4.6).

All the Solr nodes were registered to Zookeeper (ls /live_nodes) when setup
was done 3 months back. Suddenly, few days back our search started failing
because one of the solr node(consider s16) was not seen in Zookeeper, i.e.,
when we checked for *"ls /live_nodes"*, *s16 *solr node was not found.
However, the corresponding Solr process was up and running.

To my surprise, I couldn't find any errors or warnings in solr or zookeeper
logs related to this. I have few questions -

1. Is there any reason why this registration to ZK was lost? I know logs
should provide some information, but, it didn't. Did anyone encountered
similar issue, if so, what can be the root cause?
2. Shouldn't Solr be clever enough to detect that the registration to ZK
was lost (for some reason) and should try to re-register again?

PS: The issue is resolved by restarting the Solr node. However, I am
curious to know why it happened in the first place.

Thanks