lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Brian Narsi <bnars...@gmail.com>
Subject Stop Solr Node (in distress)?
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2016 01:56:29 GMT
We have had a situation where Solr node was in distress due to hard drive
being full and the queries became very slow. Since our Solr cluster has two
nodes with indexes being fully available on both the nodes, we think that
one good solution would be to just stop the Solr instance on a distressed
node. That way the other node will continue to serve queries until the
distressed node is fixed.

Can folks please share their experiences in such a situation?

What are some good ways to handle this? How/when should we detect that the
host (linux) is in distress and then stop the solr node?

Thanks,