lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Steven White <swhite4...@gmail.com>
Subject Reserved characters in password used by Jetty (Solr)
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2016 15:10:43 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm password protecting Solr using Jetty's realm.properties and noticed
that if the password has "@" Jetty throws an error and thus I cannot access
Solr:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in fragment at index
31:
SolrAdminUser:81#Mst#Demo@18
@localhost:8983/solr/demo/update?wt=xml&version=2.2
at java.net.URI.create(URI.java:871)
at org.apache.http.client.methods.HttpPost.<init>(HttpPost.java:76)
at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.createMethod(HttpSolrClient.java:414)

The password is "81#Mst#Demo@18"

My question is, what are the reserved character list?  Are they listed
somewhere?

PS: I'm going to cross post this question on the Jetty mailing list.

Thanks in advanced,

Steve