lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Tomás Fernández Löbbe <tomasflo...@gmail.com>
Subject CREATEALIAS to non-existing collections
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2016 20:57:49 GMT
We currently support requests to CREATEALIAS to collections that don’t
exist. Requests to this alias later result in 404s. If the target
collection is later created, requests to the alias will begin to work. I’m
wondering if someone is relying on this behavior, or if we should validate
the existence of the target collections when creating the alias (and thus,
fail fast in cases of typos or unexpected cluster state)

Tomás