lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apply patch steps and update solr with new patch
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2016 01:02:43 GMT
You need to execute the target "ant package" from the solr directory
(i.e. the sibling of the lucene directory) under where you cloned the
Git repo.

You should then find a distro just like you'd download from one of the
mirrors, I don't quite remember where now, in build? dist?....

If you're testing locally, you don't have to build the package target,
the 'ant server' target will compile the patch into <git dir>/solr/
wherever and you can start the changed code using the bin/solr script.

P.S. I often build "ant server dist' to be sure I have the jar files
for any SolrJ program I happen to be working with too...

Best,
Erick